Roll Out the Barrels
Our good friends to the north of Santa Maria, the wineries of Arroyo Grande and the Edna Valley in San Luis Obispo County will hold their annual "Roll Out the Barrels" event this weekend.
At the Passport Event, Saturday and Sunday, you can taste at all the participating wineries of the area, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., with a chance to taste at some who are not normally open to the public. Food will be available to compliment the wines.
Two-day passports are $45 per person; for designated drivers, the passport is $25.
Two additional events are held as part of the weekend wine extravaganza. Thursday, April 29, 5 p.m., there will be a progressive food and wine pairing in downtown San Luis Obispo at participating restaurants. Friday, April 30, winemaker dinners will beheld at participating wineries and local restaurants. Winemaker dinners are $85 per person.
For dinner reservations or event reservations or additional information, call the SLO Vintners & Growers at (805) 541-5868 or visit their website at www.slowine.com
- Baileyana Winery and Ortman Family Vineyards will host a dinner in the barrel room at Orcutt Road Cellars in San Luis Obispo, 4915 Orcutt Road.
- Domaine Alfred is hosting a dinner at Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant, 891 Price Street, Pismo Beach.
- Edna Valley Vineyard is hosting a dinner at the winery, 2585 Biddle Ranch Road.
- Kynsi Winery is hosting a dinner at The Park Restaurant, 1819 Osos Street, San Luis Obispo.
- Laetitia Vineyard & Winery is hosting a dinner at the winery at 453 Laetitia Vineyard Drive, off U.S. 101, in Arroyo Grande.
- Perbacco Cellars and Piedra Creek Winery will host a dinner at Cafe Roma, 1020 Railroad Avenue, San Luis Obispo.
- Saucelito Canyon Vineyard and Wedell Cellars will host a dinner at Fiala's Gourmet Cafe, 1655 Old Price Canyon Road, San Luis Obispo.
- Tolosa Winery will host a dinner at the winery, Courtside Cellars, 4910 Edna Road.
In late May, the international Rhone wine event, Hospice du Rhone takes place in San Luis Obispo County. If you like-or love-Rhone wines from France, or California Rhone-style wines, you won't want to miss this extravaganza. Details to come!
Sunday, June 27 from 2-5:30 p.m., the Environmental Defense Center in Santa Barbara holds its annual auction fundraiser at NU Restaurant, 1129 State Street in Santa Barbara. If you love wine, you'll find a number of impressive wines to bid on in both the live and silent auction. For reservations or more information, call Katie Donovan at (805) 963-1622.
Wine lover and Santa Maria Times Wine columnist, Bob Senn, lives in the bucolic Los Alamos Valley and owns the Los Olivos Wine & Spirits Emporium.
Back to News Leads . . . .